Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Recipe: Soft Peanut Butter Cookies

I was craving something sweet after dinner tonight.




I knew I didn't have chocolate chips. But, I saw something else on the counter that could be made into a sweet treat: peanut butter.

I Googled "vegan peanut butter cookie recipe," and found this absolutely perfect one:

Auntie Angie's Soft Peanut Butter Cookies

I loved that the cookies in this recipe are sweetened with maple syrup. And, I had all of the required ingredients to create soft, moist morsels of peanut butter goodness.

So, I set out to create the dough,



break off chunks, roll them into balls, and flatten them with a fork.



Just as I was getting ready to pop these in the oven, I thought, "PB&J...wouldn't these be delicious with a dollop of jam?"

So, I used my pinky to create a small dent in a few of the cookies, before popping them into the oven.

Eleven minutes later, I had these:



And, with a tiny spoonful of jam, here's dessert:



Want these now? Get the recipe here.

Want more great recipes like this one? For a weekly round-up of the best veg news, recipes, tips, and stories from around the web, subscribe to The Veg Post e-newsletter here. (Hurry, the next issue comes out on Thursday!)

No comments:

Post a Comment